TANGO MEETS ALEXANDERTECHNIQUE
Have you been to this event? Let other tangueros know what you think by rating it! Just click on the percentage bars. And, if you feel like providing further details, feel free to drop a few lines at the comments section.
TANGO MEETS ALEXANDERTECHNIQUE
TANGO MEETS ALEXANDERTECHNIQUE
Intimate group lessons 8 ! nights: CAREN BAYER (NYC) & (Buenos Aires) TO-BE-ANOUNCED & YVONNE MEISSNER
14h Tango/AT lessons, excursions, pool, hot thermal spa, local outdoor milongas, half pension: ****Country hotel/B&B : 930,- Euro p.p. (some few private apartments: 1080,- Euro p.p.)
SPECIALS: SECRET HISTORY OF ITALIAN ARCHITECHTURE
Here see our holidays 2015/2014:
Yvonne Meissner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGWmxWVdBrQ & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmmDf8JISQ
Martin Villafañe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD7-Zy9E5wU & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHRwE3KwKqw
our students/participants come from USA, Europe, Emirates, South Africa and Asia
- 8 nights half pension in ***Country B&B www.LeQuerciole.com with panorama pool, starting Friday at 17h with lessons/dinner, ending with breakfast, hotel on Facebook: www.lequerciole.com & https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casale-Le-Querciole-Casciana-Terme/357547890961823
- double occupancy in apartments with 2 double rooms, kitchen, bathroom shared with one other couple, see some photographs
- several private apartments available with sleeping sofa for kids: adding Euros 150,- p.p.
- some economic solutions available and possibilities for parking your camper, please ask for conditions: email@example.com
- max. amount of participants 12 couples for individual learning, if exceeding, we will add teachers and book hotel at 400m
- 14h AT&tango lessons (18-20h) with 2 international tango professionals & Alexander Technique with Caren Bayer (NYC)... inside or outside on big terrace https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casale-Le-Querciole-Casciana-Terme/357547890961823?sk=photos_stream
- 2 x entry Thermal Baths http://www.termedicasciana.com
- 1 x architectural excursion in own cars of participants with tour guide/historian theme Secrets of Italian Architecture / Etruscans
- 1 x wine tasting and wine explanation with typical snacks in family owned factory
- 1 x home made wood oven pizza event lunch / dinner near a Roman Chapel or at http://www.ristoranteilmerlo.it/
- 1 x guided tour spaghetti factory small scale family owned
- 1 x guided tour Castello di Lari with Etruscan origins
- entrance to 2 tango salons in Pisa/Lucca/Firenze/Livorno, mostly (open air) in june, no drinks incl.
- we speak: English, German, Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish (partipants from Dubai, Canada/USA, Vietnam, Austria, Germany, Italy, GB, Netherlands etc. and Italy)
- with permission, slight changes to the program might occur.... :-)
- We offer additional chill-in and Chill-out activities before & after the holiday with workshops in tango schools area Pisa/Livorno/Cecina/Firenze great to make contact with the locals already, see our last autum event: https://www.facebook.com/events/625682524150421/, so please book your ticket for min. 12-14 days!!! Let us know you need your room extra days.
- optional Shiatzu self-massage for dancers available for 30,- Euros / 50 min. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7f7QoeX6H4 & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20W2K_q3wck
- special thermal treatments/mud baths/aroma therapy in local spa walking distance in village
- lunches at Restaurant Due Laghi with antipasti di terra o mare, pasta, dolce (wednesday closed) for a deal as 12 Euros saying you are from the tango group
- 1 afternoon: very special olive oil tasting in family oil factory (Frantoio) with antipasto
- horse riding track through hills of Chianni, different riding levels available
- If you can only attend a part of the week or before plus after... let us know asap.
- Have a look at multy city flights clicking on multi city at www.momondo.com or www.cheaptickets.com
- Fly into Pisa or Florence and book a rental car or arrive by train to Pontedera where we can pick you up. Or let us know your arrival to combine you for driving with other tangueros. In Pisa do not book with Gold Cars, they are malafide.
Agriturismo le Querciole
Gianluigi Fagiolini (not the organizer of holiday, do not inform here as they will not pass on your phone nr./e-mail for information!!!)
via Campagna Fichino nr. 90
Casciana Terme 56034 (Pisa)
(in Casciana Terme drive direction Chianni and after 300 m at sport fields take left turn into non-asfalt road with sign IL FICHINO, drive 350 m and turn 2nd road to right, you will see an open portico alley)
(walking distance down the hill to Casciana Terme)
Pool and territory: http://www.lequerciole.com/en/the-farm.html
Various rooms in apartments: http://www.lequerciole.com/en/apartments.html
Indication of nightly milongas in Tuscany (we are ideally located between Pisa, Lucca, Viareggio, Florence, Livorno) from our last holiday: http://agenda.faitango.it/eventi/eventiLista.asp?cat_evento_1=1&cat_evento_2=1&cat_evento_4=1&dt_dal=19%2F10%2F2013&dt_al=28%2F10%2F2013&id_stati=118®ione=Toscana&provincia=&titolo=&tema=data
PRE & AFTER:
Plan your trip including weekends before/after as we will teach lacal workshops in weekends around the holiday in the area of Pisa/Florence. Good to make contact already with the local tangueros! We are in the area from 20/5 till 8/6/2015.
LOCALS: (Offerte partecipazione nelle lezioni da 18-20h per i tangueri della zona, chiedeteci le vostre domande in Italiano!)
FLIGHTS / CAR RENTALS:
Fly into Pisa or Florence airport with Alitalia (or budget: Airberlin, Transavia, Ryanair, Meridiana etc…), ideally with fly&drive for more freedom on free afternoons, please note that renting a car is cheaper (+- 15-20 Euros/day) in Pisa and when booked in advance, don't take Goldcars as we had a terrible experience with them
CURRICULUM VITAE teachers
YVONNE MEISSNER - dances tango since 1987 and learning from the 90ies in the famous Salón Almagro in Buenos Aires with legends like Eduardo Arquimbau, Pepito Avellaneda, Teté Rusconi, Antonio Todaro, Vanina Bilous, Susana Miller, Cacho Dante for tango de Salon apilado, Tommy O’Connel and El Tango Guillermo for milonga con traspie and Canyengue Orillero with Rodofo y Maria Cieri and her teacher Pocho Pizarro. Mostly she is formed by the nameless milongueros in those times who called here bebe’, as by then the young generation Argentinians didn’t dance tango yet, as they only started from 1996.
Since 22 years she teaches tango and internationally performed in festivals next to names like Pablo Veron (Toulouse Festival, France), Osvaldo Zotto & Lorena Ermocida (Sitges Festival, Spain), Gustavo Naveira & Giselle Anne (Hamburg Festival, Germany), Miguel Zotto (Ithaca New York Festival, USA), Carlos Copello (Hamburg & Sitges Festival), Fabián Salas and Cecilia Gonzáles, (Hamburg Festival, Germany), Nathalia Games & Gabriel Angio (Contesto Brussels, Belgium, being jury members) and Leo Calvelli & Eugenia Usandivaras (Sitges Festival & Toulouse Festival) and Facundo (Vermont Festival, USA).
Since 1996 she has become famous for her practical analytic teaching with various body work techniques and looks back at 25 years experience in teaching tango. Yvonne is trained in Contact Improvisation, Modern Dance Techniques, Bodynamics and holds titles in Focussing, Somatic Experiencing and Alexander-Technique. From 1996 she has taught all over Europe and from 1999 in the USA/Canada/Brazil/Argentina, since 4 years in Asia. In the USA she was historically the second female professional to be invited without partners due to her didactics in teaching.
Yvonne's style redefines the role of the follower in Tango. Yvonne emphasizes the use of torsion including the use of the hip, synchronization of the movement inside the couple and interaction between lead and follow resulting in a conversation of bodies. She became famous for the rhythmical decorations of her footwork, being taught by the older milongueras in Buenos Aires she witnessed in the 90ies plus Canyengue delivering an unbridled sense of communicative play for the couple.
She partnered emblematic figures like Susana Miller, Cacho Dante (and was their first organizer ever outside Argentina), Rubén Terbalca, Eduardo Aguirre, Ricardo Maceiras (El Pibe Sarandì), Luisito Ferraris, Ana Maria Schapira, Pocho Pizarro, El Pibe Avellaneda and many others of the young generation like Fernando Serrano, Luis Rojas, Sebastian Pereyra, Rolando Valdivia.
Europe: Toulouse Festival—France, Amsterdam-Festival - Netherlands, Sitges Festival—Spain, Barcelona October Festival – Spain, Hamburg Festival—Germany.
USA: Octoberfest—Portland USA, Valentango Festival—Portland USA, Ithaca Festival - USA, Denver Tango Festival - USA, and Brandon Festival—Vermont USA, Albuquerque-New Mexico - USA, Burning Tango Festival - California USA, Las Puertas Marathon Festival USA – Albuquerque.
Asia: Ho Chi Minh City,Saigon Festival - Vietnam.
Workshops/jury 1994-2015 (returning frequency in cities): Buenos Aires (a.o. Salón Almagro from 1994), Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Enschede, Haarlem, Den Bosch, Haarlo, Bergen aan Zee (Netherlands), Münster, Düsseldorf, Nürnberg, Bamberg, Würzburg, Hamburg, Berlin, Konstanz, Wangen, Bochum (Germany), Zürich, St. Gallen, Engadin, Lausanne (Switzerland), Florence, Perugia, Todi, Bologna, Roma, Genova, Casciana Terme, Pisa, Pistoia, Ponsacco (Italy), Brussels, Antwerp, Gent (Belgium & jury in Brussels (Belgium), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Copenhagen (Denmark), London, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Newcastle, South Hampton, Bristol, Winchester, Cardiff (Great Britain), Toulouse, Montpellier, Paris, Nîmes, Lyon, Montreuil, Enghien (France), Istanbul (Turkey), Oslo, Bergen (Norway), Ireland, Barcelona, Sitges (Spain), Boston, Albany, Ithaca, Rochester, New York City, New Orleans, Miami, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, Port Townsend, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Anchorage, Albuquerque, Brandon Vermont, Denver, Mt. Shastra (USA), Vancouver, Saltsprings, Victoria Island (Canada), Mumbai, Delhi (India), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), Bangkok (Thailand), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) Ubud & Denpasar (Bali Indonesia), Beijing & Guangzhou (China), Dubai, Abu Dhabi (Arab Emirates), Johannesburg (South Africa), and of course in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
Videos exhibitions from 2003
Europe / Asia with El Pibe Avellaneda
Florence (Itay) with Luis Rojas
Florence (Itay) with Eduardo Aguirre
- Casciana Terme, Italy
- Event dates:
- From: Friday, 27 May 2016 - To: Sunday, 05 June 2016
- Casciana Terme, Italy
- Event dates:
- Event Starts: Friday, 27 May 2016
- Event Ends: Sunday, 05 June 2016