Tango holliday in Seville
WORKSHOP IN MAY 2017; (second part)
DAY AND TIMESHEDULE
- Friday - 11.00 - 12.30; 17.00 - 18.30
- Saturday - 11.00 - 12.30; 17.00 - 18.30
- Sunday - 11.00 - 12.30
COST; (5 workshops, 7½ hours) - £80
LEVEL: Intermediate and above.
GENDER BALANCING: Priority will be given to couples to facilitate gender balancing although individuals can be placed on a waiting list until a partner is available.
MILONGAS: Wednesday, Thursday once a month, , Saturday (once a month), Sunday evenings. And probably more...
I will help with advice on flights, hotels, sharing self-catering apartments etc. So it can be tailored to your requirements. Places will only be guaranteed once the full workshop fee (£80 per person) has been paid.
This second intensive tango workshop is design in a progressive way, to dive inside and increase a deeper connection with yourself to connect deeper with the other.
Each theme chosen allows the integration of essential tango technique concept and biodynamic knowledge to develop your creative potential and the ability to adapt to each partner without losing your center.
The technical medium proposal is provide “keys, codes and tips” to encourage and facilitate the improvisation.
Each workshop includes different approaches to travel in the body and specific exercises according to the different aspect we’ll focus on.
The main general objective would be to develop the body awareness and the sensitive perception to propitiate a smooth and fluid dance, to discover by the feeling how to enjoy yourselves more, expressing your own sensuality, sensibility and musicality, and to have more pleasure in the tango partnership being more aware of the way we receive and give on the dance floor.
1) Refresh essential physical and technical aspect permanent in the dance that we focus on in the previous workshop (posture, embrace, axis, balance, center of gravity…)
2) Focus your attention on the relationship created between the feet, the center of gravity and the embrace, dominating your axis at any time, when body is engage in a more or less conséquents dissociation.
3) Empower your grounding and balance in specific movement which implicate dissociation, contra-posture, or a specific biodynamic, no to be more reliant on your partner.
4) Be more aware of the participation of your back, certain muscles who act in specific way according to different move implicating spiral, dissociation....
5) Explore how to manage your own energy, incrementing, empowering, controlling and adapting it according to the necessity that require certain kind of situation and movement as “ocho”, turns...
6) Explore different ways to rotate and perform "ochos", working on relaxing the groin, adapting the action of your hips in proportion of the energy received in it.
7) Explore différent ways to turn, beeing aware of the receptivity and transmission of the « elastic » energy used in each.
8) Perform the pivot, ochos, turns with different dynamics, handling the energy according to the music, rhythms and melodies.
9) Reveal the tendency to compensate or anticipate in movement inducing spiral, dissociation…
10) Focus and the forward step in different situation that could implicate the loosing of axe, balance, or a inapropriate response on the free leg.
11) Discover how to participate more in the dance relation, in one circuit of going and return of listening, proposition, response, conciliation, which nourish the relation and common creation.
12) Encouraged the Expressivity, musicality and creativity by exploring different orchestra
- Seville, Spain
- Event dates:
- From: Friday, 26 May 2017 - To: Sunday, 28 May 2017
- Seville, Spain
- Event dates:
- Event Starts: Friday, 26 May 2017
- Event Ends: Sunday, 28 May 2017