Tango holiday in Seville
DAY AND TIMESHEDULE
- Friday - 11.00 - 12.30; 17.00 - 18.30
- Saturday - 11.00 - 12.30; 17.00 - 18.30
- Sunday - 11.00 - 12.30
COST; (5 workshops, 7½ hours) - £80
LEVEL: Intermediate and above.
GENDER BALANCING: Priority will be given to couples to facilitate gender balancing although individuals can be placed on a waiting list until a partner is available.
MILONGAS: Wednesday, Tursday once a month , Saturday (once a month), Sunday evenings. And probably more...
I will help with advice on flights, hotels, sharing self-catering apartments etc. So it can be tailored to your requirements. Places will only be guaranteed once the full workshop fee (£80 per person) has been paid.
This first intensive tango workshop is design in a progressive way, to dive inside and increase a deeper connection with yourself to connect deeper with the other.
Each theme chosen allows the integration of essential tango technique concept and biodynamic knowledge to develop your creative potential and the ability to adapt to each partner without losing your center.
The technical medium proposal is provide “keys, codes and tips” to encourage and facilitate the improvisation.
Each workshop includes different approaches to travel in the body and specific exercises according to the different aspect we’ll focus on.
The main general objective would be to develop the body awareness and the sensitive perception to propitiate a smooth and fluid dance, to discover by the feeling how to enjoy yourselves more, expressing your own sensuality, sensibility and musicality, and to have more pleasure in the tango partnership being more aware of the way we receive and give on the dance floor.
1) Amplify your body awareness and sensitive perception of different pattern and physical aspects in your;
- Center of gravity
- Line of strength
- Body’s energetic circuit (in static and movement; vertical, horizontal, lateral)
2) Develop an understanding of the biodynamic of the walk, the natural contra-posture, the relationship created between the feet, the center of gravity and the embrace.
3) Learn to be stable and dominate the axis at any time, finding a true balance, no to be more reliant on your partner when you dance thus being able to completely express yourself.
4) Reveal your own internal body rhythms and express your feelings in the dance.
6) Experiment different type of energy and way to walk, according to the music
7) Consider the uniqueness of each person to improve the physical consciousness of your own energy and musicality, to enjoy more yourself during the dance, and give more in consequence to the other.
8) Express your own body musicality and experiment how to illustrate different type of music enjoying the diversity of feelings it inspire; breathing, pause, acceleration, retention, emphasis.., becoming dance and conforming the tango alphabet each dancer can use in a dialogue that goes beyond pure movement.
9) Discover how your breathing can be the engine of your movements, reflecting your own musicality and how your energy circulate in your body
10) Find out how to compensate, adapt to the requirement of the dance and your partner if necessary, without losing the connection with yourself.
11) Encouraged the Expressivity and musicality by exploring different orchestra
- Seville, Spain
- Event dates:
- From: Friday, 12 May 2017 - To: Sunday, 14 May 2017
- Seville, Spain
- Event dates:
- Event Starts: Friday, 12 May 2017
- Event Ends: Sunday, 14 May 2017