England International Tango Festival
Welcome to England International Tango Festival May 25-26-27 2019. We’d love you to join us for the UK’s biggest Tango Festival, now in it’s 9th Year.
The Festival is held in Tonbridge School - a beautiful spacious 500 year old venue, very close to London (50 mins direct train), M25 and Gatwick Airport.
KEY FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS:
- 33 WORKSHOPS ACROSS 4 DIFFERENT LEVELS
- WORLD CHAMPION MAESTROS WITH FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE UK VISITS
- SEBASTIÁN ACHAVAL(2005 Tango Salon World Champion) & ROXANA SUAREZ
- MARÍA INES BOGADO (2010 Tango Salon World Champion) & ROBERTO ZUCCARINO
- DMITRY VASIN & SAGDIANA HAMZINA (2018 Tango Stage World Champions)
- LIVE MUSIC FROM: TANGO SPLEEN ORQUESTA & TANGO CLASICO DUO
- DJS: DIEGO DOIGNEAU, MICHAEL LAVOCAH, PAOLITA, DANCE INSPIRED, IRA RO PLUS LOTS OF GUEST DJS
- 2 x HUGE SAT & SUN GRAND MILONGAS (3 HALLS OF MUSIC, DANCE TILL 3AM, 7 DJS)
- BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY CREAM TEA MILONGA
- 3 X DAYTIME MILONGAS IN NEW IMPROVED HALL
- FULL WEEKEND MILONGA PASS WITH MORE THAN 30 HOURS DANCING – just £64!
- TANGO SHOES, CLOTHES, BOOKS, CDs
- ALMOST 400 PARTICIPANTS FROM UK, EUROPE & FURTHER ACROSS THE WEEKEND
You can attend just 1 Workshop, 1 Milonga, stay just one day or the whole weekend. You can create your own Festival Package with only the elements you want. This year for the first time you also have the option of booking a Package which includes hotel accommodation (just 4 minutes walk from the venue).
SERIOUSLY HAPPY TANGO:
You can be a Beginner/Improver, Intermediate, Beyond Intermediate or Advanced level. There is plenty for anyone & everyone who dances Tango. We practice ‘Happy Tango’. We are seriously passionate about Tango but believe it is possible to still smile lots, be friendly and have fun. We also practice ‘Todo Tango’ – with different halls catering for different musical tastes (100% Traditional or 100% Nuevo or 100% Specialist Orchestras)
We hope to see you at England International Tango Festival, but please don’t leave it until it’s too late.
We never have Milonga Tickets on the door. We don’t overcrowd our Milongas and all Milongas sell-out a long time ahead.
- Maria Ines BogadoRoberto ZuccharinoRoxana SuarezSebastian AchavalMaria Ines BogadoRoberto ZuccharinoRoxana SuarezSebastian Achaval
MapTonbridge, UK Pin icons from Medialoot
A bit stale these days. Less attendees each year. Done much better by others